Saturday, September 10, 2011

You Never Know What You've Got 'Til Its Gone

Ugh, some days just aren't good days, and today was one of those days. This Saturday was my first ballet/tap/pointe' class in a really long time. It was terrible. First of all tap class was way over my head. After about 5 minutes of not knowing a single thing, I decided to sit down and just watch. Then came "ballet". Ballet was exactly five minutes long, because the teacher went overtime for tap. Plus everything in ballet was super easy, and the teacher gave us really bland and uncomplicated combinations. Next was Pointe' Class, which I don't have pointe' shoes for and never been on pointe' (I was trying it out to see if it was too hard for me). So I sat and watched. Yea, real fun all I got to see was girls almost crying for the pain of tip toesing across the stage.

Sorry for venting on you. But the problem is, my last teacher was the bomb! I mean she seriously was an awesome teacher. She not only had us work with our bodies, but also with our minds. We had to use tons of brain power just to remember the creative and tricky combinations. Also for a break in the middle of class we would sit and she would give us French ballet words to try to spell (man, those words were really tough). To top all that off, our classes were at least and 1 hour and 15 minutes, if not more.

Here's the deal though, how did I not thank my former ballet teacher for being so awesome. How could I go years without realizing her God-given talent for teaching ballet? There was once a saying that said, "You never know what you've got, until it's gone," (okay, this was actually said by TobyMac in his song, "Gone" and somebody else famous). But please, friends let us not forget to thank the people who affect us and mold us into the people we are today. Many times we pass them by, day after day, and never thank them for all they've done in our lives. Take a moment today and tell those special people in your life, thank you, before its too late. The person we forget to thank most often, is God, and He has done the most for us.

I Chron. 16:34- Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Thanks for visiting us at Girls God Good Life :) Very nice blog, and good post! I just put my 3 year old in ballet/tap for the first time and so far so good. We'll see what happens :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete