Hey, I saw this vid and it really inspired me. I hope you are able to take something away from it too.
Friday, December 30, 2011
Monday, December 26, 2011
Bubbles. Bubbles are such a beautiful creation. I dipped the bubble blower into the clear and glossy liquid. I blew them at my little sister as she squealed, clapping her chubby hands together. She spun in circles laughing as I blew bubbles down on her. How beautiful are theses little clear round circles that seem to be made just by blowing. As I blew them up at the ceiling I noticed that they almost seemed to change colors. The light reflected off of the bubbles causing them to change from purple to pink to green to yellow. Until all of the colors seemed to be dripping around this single circle of air. How beautiful.
But once you think about it, my sister's favorite delight is just some soap mixed with water. Really that's it. No special potion or expensive mineral is put into those little plastic bottles. You don't even have to pay big bucks for bubbles, just $1 for a three pack. Yet they are so beautiful. It caused me to think about amazing people who were in the Bible. I mean look at David. David was just some shepherd boy who had a way with sheep. But God used this kid to kill a giant and become a king of an entire nation. God used a boy that had a love for Him and made something beautiful and great. Just like bubbles made from soap and water.
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
I had a breathtaking night! Yes, I would use the word breathtaking. I looked it up in the dictionary and it meant 'thrillingly beautiful, remarkable, astonishing, exciting'. That was exactly how tonight felt. I went to an ice skating rink with my homeschool group and it was the most fun I have had in a long time. The cool air rejuvenated my spirits, and the rsk-rsk of the blades against the ice filled me with joy. The laughs of groups of friends, the whispers of couples, the smell of coffee wafting toward the rink from a near by Starbucks, all added to the breathtaking feeling that was inside of me. Hmmmm. I am so thankful that I am surrounded by my little group of friends. I see now how God stragetically placed them in my life. I don't think I was ever more thankful for my friends than today. Comment on this post if you had a "breathtaking" event or awesome friends this season or maybe in the past, and take time to thank God for placing those friends into your life.
Sunday, December 18, 2011
What makes me different? It's a question I have asked myself a million times. Normally, its when I'm getting dressed in the morning. I look through my clothes I try to find a shirt or shoes that makes me look different than everyone else walking down the street. Like a few days ago it was yellow and purple shoes! But we seem to always be looking for something that tells the world that we aren't like everybody else. I was thinking today, what makes you unique might not have to be your clothes. Maybe its the fact that you can hand out a smile to everyone you see or can cheer up a sad looking person. I think that's what makes the difference. As that funny little Pepsi commercial that was in 80s said, 'It isn't what you wear. It isn't your dance moves. It isn't what you drink.' I know that commercial is really cute, but I think it is so true (except I don't think it really matters if you drink Pepsi or Coke). So instead of rummaging through your dresser looking for something that makes you stands out. Look at your heart and character and show through your actions that you are something special!
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Okay, here is a funny video that Julian Smith made about interrupting him while he's reading a book. It's a really funny song! But I looked a little deeper than just the outside. I thought about how somedays that is so true for me. I mean, all I can be doing is sitting there reading a book and if my mom calls me to put away the ketchup. I blow up! I just start screaming and freaking out. Maybe, just maybe it wasn't that big of a deal. Maybe I could have calmly got up put away the ketchup and finished reading my book. Often times though I find myself having a temper tantrums over the tiniest things. Just like Julian in this clip, I make a big deal about someone interrupting me even though its not. So next time someone interrupts you while your reading a book don't show them the 'nasty you', but let God's peace come over you.
Sunday, December 4, 2011
I would like to thank Aimee over at http://allfilledup.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for the Liebster Award. As I understand it, this award is given to recognize and encourage bloggers who have a following of 200 or less.
In order to receive the award, bloggers must follow five rules:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy & Paste the award to your blog.
4. Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award.
5. Inform them of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog.
I am so happy to have the opportunity to nominate five worthy bloggers for this award:
- Katie Oostman at http://katieoostman.blogspot.com/. Katie is constantly sharing her love for photography with the world. She also encourages other Christian girls to be bold about their faith and to accept themselves the way they are. Her posts are fun interesting and a real encouragement.
- Kelly Oostman at http://kellyoostman.blogspot.com/. Kelly is an awesome Christian teen who finds the deepest meaning in the smallest things in life. She also came with the idea for No Makeup November, to raise awareness for human trafficking. This girl loves to share her heart and her thoughts of God on her blog.
- Paul A. Daly at http://christaholicthegodaddiction.blogspot.com/. Paul is constantly lifting up God in his blog. He is a strong Christian who looks to God in all things. He blogs a lot about keep going on your walk with God, even though it seems tough.
- Ashley at http://godsgirlz1.wordpress.com/. Ashley is a Christian girl who feels called to encourage other Christian girls around her. She has just started her blog and has posted fun hairstyles and stories that uplift and encourage others.
- Sarah Smith at http://theoneinpink.com/. Sarah started blogging just to make people feel more light and optimistic. She sure does a good job at it too. Sarah is often posting fun quotes and cool pics.
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Hey! I'm really sorry that this took an extra day, but we had a few mishaps :S. I wasn't able to put it up last night, but I did record it yesterday. But in honor of the last day I have made a video instead of writing a long paragraph. Enjoy!!