Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata, it means no worries for the rest of your days. Its a problem free philosophy! Hakuna Matata!! I absolutely love this song from Lion King. Whenever I listen to it or start thinking about what it means, the words relax me. Now this song is actually very true, but there was one major problem with it. You will never have Hakuna Matata without GOD. Think about it, how will you ever let go of your past, fears, or worries without having someone to dump them on.

Sometimes I hang on to my fears or worries because I don't know who to give them to. But often times I hang on to them, because I think my fears will protect me. They will help me not accidentally make a wrong choice or go too far into a situtation. But God is saying, "Let go of those worries and those fears give them to Me because I will carry them and I will protect you. Don't live a life guarding yourself and worrying. Enjoy those little moments, be carefree, and give your burdens to Me." So that's what I'm starting to do, I'm tired of caring around grudges and worries and I am giving them to God. You should try it too! So, Hakuna Matata or "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."- 1 Peter 5:7!!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't watched the lion king in years. We need to give God all of our worries. Great post Pure in Heart!

    ~Godsgirlz1~

    BTW: I'm having a photo challange at my blog if you would like to enter. http://godsgirlz1.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great insight! I had never thought about it like that before...but it's true. I think that I, too, hang on to my worries because I am afraid that letting them go will somehow make me vulnerable to the very things I am worried about! It's a vicious cycle. Thanks for the reminder to cast my cares on God. =)
    - Aimee

    ReplyDelete