Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tarp Covered Memories

Memories. You remember them every day. Sometimes they haunt you, sometimes you push them into the corners of your brain to collect dust. Sometimes, you throw an old tarp on them to forget. Lately, I've been throwing a lot of tarps around.  It's starting to look like they're closing a museum around here with all of the tarps covering too many painful memories.

Today, I decided to take a new view on things.  I picked up our old family photo book and fliped through the pages. Remembering the days of when I was younger, and reliazing how much I have grown and changed.

God talks a lot in the Bible about remembering what he has brought us from. God loves when you reminisce and think back to all the things He has done in your life. Like it says in Isiah 46:9: "Remember the former things of old for I am God, and there is none else I am God, and there is none like me." When we think back and remember what the Lord has done in our life, our trust builds; and we realize how much he has done for us.

So take time today to look back on the miracles God worked in your life, and don't forgot to thank Him for all that He has done and all that He is going to do. Maybe I'll do a little cleaning around here and get rid of some of these old dusty tarps. I may find out that God has changed me so much that those memories don't need to be covered up any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment