Saturday, November 5, 2011

Scarves of Victory!

Miriam the prophetess, Aaron's sister, took a tambourine, and all the women followed her with tambourines, dancing. Miriam led them in singing, "Sing to God— what a victory!...." Exodus 15:20 Message Bible.

This verse took place after God delivered the Israelites out of slavery by having them walk on dry ground through the Red Sea. They danced and sang with tambourines. I sometimes imagine them waving their scarves around in victory as they thanked God for all he had done. Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner, for the next 25 days, I will be wearing a scarf in a different style each day. I will write about being thankful on this blog every single day, and post a picture of myself wearing the scarf.  If you are interested in joining me, comment on this post. I would love to see your scarf pictures and hear about all of what God has done for you.

So this November let us wear our scarves reminding ourselves of God's victories in all our lives.

Tomorrow will be Day 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment